Cycle of Dental Fear
Don’t let a bad experience at the dentist ruin your oral health and jeopardise the health of your teeth and gums.
Learn about the Cycle of Dental Fear and how the Willow Dental Care can help you break the cycle.
What is the Cycle of Dental Fear?
If you experienced a painful treatment – or experienced significant post-operative pain – at a dental clinic, this may have given you fear of dental treatments and dentists in general.
Fear leads to avoidance, so if you’ve been avoiding visiting your dentist for essential oral health care, here’s how you can break the cycle.
You’re Not Alone.
30-50% of North Americans report avoiding the dentist due to fear. But avoiding the dentist can lead to infection and gum (periodontal) disease. Gum disease has been linked to a higher incidence of heart attacks and heart failure.
Who is a Candidate for Oral Sedation?
- Are you anxious about dental work?
- Do you have a strong gag reflex?
- Are you resistant to local anaesthetic? (8% of people are!)
- Are you pressed for time and want to get more out of your appointment?
- Do you require complex dental work?